Monday 17 September 2012

English Class - So Far, So Good




English this year is not what I had expected it to be. I mean, this year, our teacher is letting us express ourselves, letting us say, what we want to say, when we want to say it. This is a bit weird coming from me, because I don't really contribute too much when we talk in big groups, and usually do much better when I am in smaller groups. But that doesn't mean I don't listen. I love hearing what others have to say, and to see if my idea's are connected to others. We've learnt so much since the first day of class. About things such as, Vignettes and descriptive writing. 

I loved learning about showing vs telling because we where given lots of examples, and I really understood why, showing, in many ways, can be better than telling, and in different situations, how telling can be better than showing.

I would like to go more into reading, and maybe start looking at new books as a class. I would also like to visit the library more often during English because it would really encourage reading throughout the class, and we would get a chance to look at new materials.

So, until the next post,

Mahpara

3 comments:

  1. I also agree with you when you say we should visit the library more often to encourage more reading, the library is a great place to read! Also I think your idea is a great one to encourage reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment!
      I'm glad you agree with my suggestion, hopefully we can see it come true.
      Please keep commenting and giving me your thoughts about my posts,
      Mahpara

      Delete
  2. I agree with you; english class is a lot more fun this year and we are allowed to say what we want and what we think.

    ReplyDelete